Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 oz crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 lg shallots finely sliced shallots 2 cups
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups Crowded Kitchen Classic Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minnesota wild rice
- 1/2 cup carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped, peeled
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup green beans cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 3/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz parmesan cheese grated (about 1/2 c)
- Heat butter in a large Dutch oven over med-high heat. Brown chicken & remove from pan. Cool 5 minutes and slice into bite size pieces.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and thyme to Dutch oven. Cook, stirring often, until browned, about 7 minutes. Add sherry and cook until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Whisk together flour, 1 cup of stock and stir into the sherry mixture. Add remaining 5 cups stock, rice, carrot, celery root and salt. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low to simmer and cook until the veggies are just tender - about 40 minutes. Add chicken, green beans and simmer til beans are crisp-tender - about 5 minutes. Stir it the cream and pepper.
- To serve, drizzle with oil & sprinkle with cheese.